14. All those are matters _____attention.
A. is worthy B.worthy
C.worthy of D.which is worthy of
15. But for your help, I_______.
A.can have failed again
B.may have failed again
C.Will have failed again
D. would have failed again
16.Mr.Grant_____in Hangzhou since 2006.He loves this city
A.has been living B.lived
C.will be living D.will have been living
17. They were in _____when they left that they forgot the airline tickets.
A.a rush so anxious
B. a such anxious rush
C.such an anxious rush
D. so an anxious rush
18. Under no circumstances _____our car.
A. they are borrow
B. are they to borrow
C. they will borrow
D.could they be borrowing
19. You’re going to be United States next year.You should now practice_____English as much as possible.
A. speak B. to speak
C.speaking D. spoke
20. All flights _____because of the snowstorm,we decided to take the train.
A. were canceled
B. had been canceled
C. having canceled
D. having been canceled
21. Only one little boy_____the accident; everyone else was killed.
22. I don’t know whether what he said is true, but I’ll try to_____it.
23. My camera can be_____to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
24. Children who are over protectedby their parients may become_____.
25. I think the whole paper has to be rewritten; only the first few paragraphs may be_____.
26. The boat_____,throwing the boys into the water.
A.turned on B.turned down
C.turned off D.turned over
27.The teacher asked a difficult question,but finally Peter_____a good answer.
A.came up to B.came up for
C.came up with D.came up against
28. Mr. Wang is getting too old for football. He decides to_____tennis instead.
A.take in B.take up
C.take for D.take over
29.Not long ago,a person who I know very well was_____an accident.
A.related to B. included in
C.involved in D.subjected to
30. It is our_____policy that we will achieve unity through peaceful means.
A.consistent B.considerate C.continual D.continuous
31.Many people complain of the rapid_____of modern life.
A.rate B.pace C.speed D.growth
32.We dicussed this problem for several days,but couldn’t come to a(n) _____.
33. I am_____every day by the slow bus service in this city.
A.annoyed B.confused C.horrified D.irritated
34. No one likes him because his action doesn’t_____his words.
A.correspond with B.agree on
C.communicate with D.consist of
35. His knowledge of English literature is_____mine.
C. superior more than
D.superior better to
36. He rarely goes to the cinema as his work_____almost all his time.
A.takes away B.takes over
C.takes up D.takes in
37. The World-Cup football match will be televised_____to the world.
38. The restaurant is busy on Sundays, so I’ll phone up today and____a table.
A.preserve B.reserve C.observe D.deserve
39. Never waste anything, but_____never waste time.
A.after all B.all in alll
C.above all D.all over
40. Generally speaking, a business letter should be written in formal style____in a personal one.
A.rather than B.other than
C.less than D.more than